Sunday 13 February 2011

MAGIC OF THE MUSICALS WITH COLIN HOLMES FEBRUARY 13TH...THE FIFTIES.

THE TOP TEN MUSICALS OF THE FIFTIES( WEST END RUNS ADDED TO BROADWAY RUNS)

1....THE SOUND OF MUSIC....JULIE ANDREWS....I have confidence in me.
2....MY FAIR LADY....REX HARRISON....I've grown accustomed to her face,
3....THE KING AND I....MARNI NIXON/DEBORAH KERR...Getting to know you.
4....THE MUSIC MAN.......CAST.....The Wells Fargo wagon.
5....GUYS AND DOLLS.....JULIA MCKENZIE.....A bushel and a peck.
6....THE PYJAMA GAME.....ROSEMARY CLOONEY....Hey there.
7....WEST SIDE STORY......MARNI NIXON....I feel pretty.
8....DAMN YANKEES.......GWEN VERDON.....What ever Lola wants.
9....BELLS ARE RINGING.....JUDY HOLLIDAY / SYDNEY CHAPLAIN..Just in time.
10..GYPSY....ETHEL MERMAN....Some People.

Britain only.......

22..SALAD DAYS.....I sit in the sun....Maria Freidman.

OTHER TRACKS PLAYED ON SHOW......

If I only had a brain....Gary Wilmot....album...WHERE IS LOVE.
You have to be there...Helen Sjoholm....KRISTINA.
Welcome to Havana....Cast....COPACABANA.
I could have danced all night / I've grown accustomed to her face....Ray Conniff...album..BROADWAY IN RHYTHM.
Chaiyya Chaiyya....Cast.....BOMBAY DREAMS.
Dear sweet sowing machine.....Emily Loesser......album....LOST IN BOSTON.
I wanna make the world laugh...Robert Preston...MACK AND MABEL.
The last man in my life.....Sarah Brightman......album SURRENDER.
I will wait for you....Matt Munro...album...MATT AT THE MOVIES.
Dream baby Dream.....Daisy Wood-Davies.....DREAMBOATS AND PETTICOATS.
A romantic atmosphere.....Cast....SHE LOVES ME.
The Happy time...Robert Goulet.....THE HAPPY TIME.

NEXT WEEK...THE SIXTIES....ON TUDNOFM 107.8 OR ONLINE AT TUDNOFM.CO.UK AND CLICK ON LISTEN LIVE.....2-4PM SUNDAY AFTERNOON 20TH FEBRUARY.

No comments:

Post a Comment