Wednesday 19 December 2012

CHRISTMAS FLOPS +KYLIE+TONY BENNETT. DECEMBER 18TH.

KYLIE THE ABBEY ROAD SESSIONS.
Tracks played...On a night like this / Better the devil you know.
Can't get you outta my head / I should be so lucky. ****.

A good value album at fourteen tracks but not all revisions of old
hits work. With an orchestral backing "Can't get you out of my head"
is the real winner and "On a night like this". Other tracks, some
taken at a slower tempo just plod showing lack of real melody
however it now fits into "easy listening" catagory extremely well.

TONY BENNETT. A SWINGING CHRISTMAS. ****.

Second year release priced down makes this a jazzy collector's
item especially featuring the Count Basie Big Band. Amazingly Bennett's
voice still holds up at the grand age of eighty four. Great background
party music.

PLAYLIST.

My Romance...Carly Simon...MY ROMANCE.*****.
Mistletoe....Justin Beiber...UNDER THE MISTLETOE.***
It must have been the Mistletoe...Barbara Streisand..CHRISTMAS MEMORIES.***.
Sleighride.....SPICE GIRLS...POP GOES CHRISTMAS.**.
Easy to love...Ella Fitzgerald...SINGS COLE PORTER.*****.
What a lousy rotton Christmas....Neil Sedeka...THE MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS.***.
Wonderful baby...Don McLean...THE BEST OF...****.
If I could spend Christmas with you...Tommy Roe..WOW IT'S CHRISTMAS.**.
Christmas cookies and holiday hearts..Teresa Brewer...CHRISTMAS
TIME AGAIN.**.
20's Medley.....Dorothy Provine....THE ROARING 20'S.****.
Winter Wonderland...Dean Martin....CHRISTMAS WITH DINO.****.
I get ideas....Jane Morgan...JANE IN SPAIN.****.
Miss Hooligan's Christmas cake....Clinton Ford / Swinging  sleigh ride...
Joe Henderson.....SEQUEL SIXTIES CHRISTMAS.**.
Give me your heart for Christmas...McQuire sisters..SINCERELY.**.
When Christmas come to town / Seeing is believing..THE POLAR EXPRESS.*****.
All of a sudden...Matt Munro...THE COMPLETE SINGLES COLLECTION.*****.
I'm coming home for Christmas...Henry Hall..NOSTALGIC CHRISTMAS.**.
I'm a little Christmas Cracker....Freddie Davies...MERRY CHRISTMAS
CHILDREN EVERYWHERE.***.
How wonderful you are...Gordon Haskell...HARRY'S BAR.****.
I want Elvis for Christmas....Eddie Cochran...YULE COOL.***.
Here comes Santa Clause....Ray Conniff...CHRISTMAS CAROLING.****.
If I had my life to live over/Let me call you sweetheart..Doris Day..
THE LOVE ALBUM.*****.

THERE WILL BE NO EASY LISTENING SHOW ON DEC 25TH BUT
MAY I WISH ALL READERS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.
THE SHOW WILL RETURN ON NEW YEAR'S DAY JANUARY 1ST.

TUDNOFM 107.8
TUDNOFM.COM  and click on the link to listen live

No comments:

Post a Comment