Wednesday 17 June 2015

GILBERT O SULLIVAN ON COLIN HOLMES EASY LISTENING SHOW 16TH JUNE 2015.

OLE A LA G.........download album.   Gilbert O Sullivan

tracks played.....
Made in love / I guess I'll always love you / Hell no / You heard / Speaking of which / Singapore.

This album is an attempt to recreate the successful Ole a La Lee albums of the fifties recorded by Peggy Lee. O Sullivan is a fan of Miss Lee and this slightly latin album is a homage to her
performance and style.   I'm afraid it does not quite come off.  All of the songs were written
by Gilbert  and I found not enough excitement in the material he has composed. I suppose the
real problem is that no music is familiar as it was on Peggy Lee's album and therefore lacks
the sparkle . It is lightly latin. It has backing singers. The latin group are very accomplished.
It just lacks personality.***.

PLAYLIST.

Winter has me in it's grip.....Don McLean.....DOWNLOAD.****.
If I thought you'd ever change your mind...Cilla Black....THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION.****.
T'was a sunny day....Rosemary Clooney.....LOOK MY WAY.****.
Puttin' on the ritz....Robbie Williams...DOWNLOAD.****.
Have I told you lately that I love you....Michael Buble....TO BE LOVED.****.
Always something there to remind me....Peggy Lee...BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER.****.
When will I see you again...Three Degrees....PLAYLIST.***.
Poison Ivy....Coasters.....PLAYLIST.****.
The flood.....Take That.....SINGLE.***.
I love to Boogie....T Rex....THE BEST OF...***.
Dance on...The Shadows......THE BEST OF....****.
Born too late.....Poni Tails.....PLAYLIST.***.
Happy....Pharrell Williams.....DOWNLOAD.****.
It's impossible.....Perry Como.....SINGLE.*****.
Words of love...Mamas& Papas....PLAYLIST.**.
It had to be you.....SWINGIN' WITH THE BIG BAND.*****.
Stronger...Kiesza / Circus of your mind....Paloma Faith....FINDING NEVERLAND.****.
Stars...Collabro....DOWNLOAD.***.
The nearness of you...Jo Stafford...HAPPY HOLIDAYS.*****.
People....Barbra Streisand,Stevie Wonder.....PARTNERS.****.
Little ole wine drinker me...Dean Martin.....THE VERY BEST OF*****.
Runaround Sue....Overtones....HIGHER.****.

tudnofm 107.8
www.tudno.co.uk       every Tuesday evening 8-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment