Wednesday 2 September 2015

DORIS DAY ON COLIN HOLMES MAGIC OF THE MUSICALS..SEPTEMBER 1ST 2015.

DORIS DAY...."LOVE HIM" COLUMBIA....SONY MUSIC.
tracks played...
More / Losing you / A fool such as I / Night life / Funny / Lollipops and roses / Love him.

This particular album has been released on Columbia as a double CD partnered with LATIN FOR LOVERS. An outstanding collection of the last songs Doris recorded for Columbia records when her contract with the company was over. It is exceptional in the fact that her voice was at it's silky best on both albums and the orchestrations have not dated. So smooth, so good it is difficult to understand why her recording career actually stopped at this point. *****.

PLAYLIST.

Y Viva espana...Sylvia....PLAYLIST.**.
If only I could live my life again....Jane Morgan...JANE IN SPAIN.****.
I'll see you again....Ray Conniff....CONCERT IN RHYTHM 2****.
Once upon a time....Tony Bennett....THE ESSENTIAL....*****.
September song....Peter Grant....TRADITIONAL.****.
Don't that beat all....Adam Faith....THE VERY BEST OF...**.
Home lovin Man....Andy Williams....THE BEST OF...****.
Hold me...Astraud Gilberto......PLAYLIST.**.
Baby I'm yours.....Barbara Lewis....THE BEST OF...***.
Strangers in the night....George Shearing....THE ULTIMATE....*****.
I don't believe in if anymore....Roger Whittaker....THE GOLDEN AGE OF...****.
Absolutely me....Caro Emerald....DELETED SCENES FROM THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR.****.
You're the first, the last, my everything....Barry White.....SINGLE.****.
Help...Beatles.....THE BEST.*****.
Paris....Perez Prado......THE BEST OF....****.
Movin out( Anthony's song)....Billy joel....SINGLE.***.
Sogno....Andrea Bocelli...VIVERE.*****.
You're nobody till somebody loves you.....Dean Martin, Shelby Lynne....FOREVER COOL.****.
I love Paris.....Ella Fitzgerald....GOLD.*****.
Who is it?( It's the milkman)...The Stargazers.....THE STARGAZERS.**.
Ginny come lately....Brian Hyland.....GREATEST HITS.***.
Stairway to heaven....Neil Sedaka.....THE MUSIC OF MY LIFE.***.
Kiss me goodbye....Petula Clark.....THEN AND NOW.****.

tudnofm 107.8
www.tudno.co.uk     every Tuesday evening 8-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment