Wednesday 20 January 2016

PATTI PAGE US HITS 48-62 ON COLIN HOLMES EASY LISTENING SHOW JANUARY 19TH 2016

PATTI PAGE..THE COMPLETE US HITS 1948-1962....WWW.ACROBAT MUSIC.NET (3CDS.85 TRACKS)

Tracks played...
Left right out of your heart / Fibbin' / Trust in me / Two thousand,two hundred and twenty three miles / One of us will weep tonight / I wish I'd never been born / A city girl stole my country boy / Mom and dad's waltz / You'll answer to me / Go on home / Most people get married / The boy's night out.

Amazingly with a three Cd set covering eighty five tracks there are still some Patti Page hits missing.
All my love ( from the forties) and Hush Hush sweet Charlotte ( from the sixties ) so the title the Complete Hits is not quite accurate. A lot of country chart hits are included  as well as good standard vocalizing and curious novelty hits. A bargain for the price and for Patti Page fans perhaps some missed releases from the days of singles.

PLAYLIST.

She sings for free.....Paul Williams.... A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE.***.
The first time ever I saw your face....Harry Connick Jnr,.,..YOUR SONGS*****.
Don't forget....Nat King Cole.....LAZY CRAZY DAYS.****.
There goes my first love.....Drifters.....SINGLE.***.
Yesterday when I was young....Dusty Springfield....PLAYLIST.****.
Drunk....Ed Sheeran.....DOWNLOAD.***.
Just walkin' in the rain....Johnny Ray...THE BEST OF..***.
My happiness.....Connie francis.....THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF...****.
How glad I am....Peter Grant.....TRADITIONAL.****.
Country gardens.....George Shearing....OLD GOLD AND IVORY.****.
You're as right as rain.....Nancy Wilson....THE VERY BEST OF...(3CDS)****.
Born to lose.....Dean Martin....THE RAT PACK.***.
Dreamin'.....Johnny Burnette.......PLAYLIST.***.
It ain't me babe....Johnny cash......PLAYLIST.**.
Hoots mon.....Lord Rockingham's 11.......DOWNLOAD.***.
The man who sold the world....Lulu , David Bowie....PLAYLIST.***.
Billy....Kathy Linden.......THE BEST OF...***.
Can't think straight.....Gilbert O Sullivan, Peggy Lee.....DOWNLOAD.****.
Beyond the Sea....Bobby Darin.....THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF....****.
Slightly out of tune....Doris Day.....LATIN FOR LOVERS.*****.
Can't keep it in....Cat Stevens.....THE VERY BEST OF...****.
Somebody makes it so....Perry Como....LOOK TO YOUR HEART.****.
I left my heart in San Francisco.....Tony Bennett...THE ESSENTIAL....*****.

Tudnofm 107.8
www.tudno.co.uk    LISTEN LIVE EVERY TUESDAY EVENING 8-10PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment