Wednesday 28 December 2016

COLIN HOLMES EASY LISTENING SHOW FEATURING SINATRA " COME SWING WITH ME" DECEMBER 27TH 2016.



COME SWING WITH ME....REPRISE. FRANK SINATRA. BILLY MAY.

Tracks played.....
The curse of an aching heart / Love walked in / please don't talk about me when I'm gone /
Don't be that way /  I never knew / Moonlight on the Ganges / Granada / Everybody's twistin'.

Available online and at record shops as most of Sinatra's output still sells......This swinging album
is not one of his best, but certainly lively enough to enjoy. His voice seems sharper on this
set than on his Capitol output and was quickly recorded while he was still at Capitol records.
It was the sixties and I assume he wanted more drive to his music. After the Beatles,then the Rolling
Stones,etc he changed tack and eventually "Stranger's in the Night " did it for him. Everything after
that made him look towards the charts. Still a good album.****.

PLAYLIST.

Magical mystery tour......Beatles.....PLAYLIST.****.
Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree...Dawn.....PLAYLIST.***.
Nice and easy.....Si Zentner.....UP A LAZY RIVER.****.
Where are you now / Cheerleader / New year's day......PENTATONIX DE LUX.****.
Can't think straight.....Peggy Lee, Gilbert O Sullivan....DOWNLOAD.****
Exactly like you....Andy Williams.....CAN'T GET USED TO LOSING YOU.****
Don't make me over....Dionne Warwick.....THE BEST OF...****.
Crying.....Don McLean......SINGLE.****.
December song....George Michael.....PLAYLIST.****.
By the time I get to Phoenix.....Glen Campbell...THE BEST OF...****.
Hindustan....Bing crosby, Rosemary Clooney....FANCY MEETING YOU HERE.*****.
All my loving...Matt Munro.....THE ULTIMATE.....*****.
My blue heaven......Nino Tempo, April Stevens......DEEP PURPLE.***.
Maybe I know.....Lesley Gore......THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION.***.
Baia....Mel Torme....OLE TORME.*****.
Fly me to the moon.....Joe Harnell.....BOSSA NOVA POPS.*****.
Girl Talk....Julie London.....FEELING GOOD.****.
Dancin'....Perry Como....JUKE BOX BABY.****.
I said my pyjamas....Doris Day.....HAPPY HITS.***.

TUDNO FM 107.8
www.tudno.co.uk       every Tuesday evening 8-10pm on listen live.

No comments:

Post a Comment