Wednesday 4 October 2017

COLIN HOLMES EASY LISTENING SHOW FEATURING OLD HITS (78RPM ) OCTOBER 3RD 2017.


STARS OF THE GOLDEN ERA....NOSTALGIA NAXOS ( 2CDS)

tracks played....

Don't get around much anymore....The Ink spots / We'll meet again...Vera Lynn ,
Tiger Rag....The Mills Brothers / My heart and I...Joseph Locke / La Mer....Charles
Trenet / Sleigh ride...Leroy Anderson / Bim Bam Bum...Xavier Cugat / Be my love...
Mario Lanza.

50 best selling  78rpm shellac records, many of them million sellers...all recordings from
original 78 records.  This is probably the best collection of these old hits from the
thirties and forties that you are likely to find. I wish I could say that the double CD
is still available. It originated in 2002 so looking round second hand record shops might
find it otherwise the internet. ******.

PLAYLIST.

Need you now...Lady Antebellum....SINGLE.********.
Walking on sunshine...Katrina & the Waves...SINGLE.*******.
Days...The Kinks....THE BEST OF....*******.
Come softly to me.....Chet Atkins....TEENSVILLE.*******.
Crazy in love....Puppini Sisters..THE RISE AND FALL OF RUBY WOO.********.
I can still see your face...Barbara Streisand,Andrea Bocelli....PARTNERS.*******.
On the road again....Lorne Walker......PLAYLIST.*******.
We have all the time in the world....Louis Armstrong.....SINGLE.********.
Put your head on my shoulder....Paul Anka.....GREATEST HITS.*******.
Let it be me.....Rod Stewart, Jennifer Hudson.......SINGLE.*******.
I'll remember today....Patti Page....THE MERCURY YEARS 2.********.
Takes two to tango....Jack Jones.....SHALL WE DANCE.*******.
This October....Julie London....CALENDAR GIRL.*********.
If I could almost read your mind.....Perry Como...PERRY COMO LIVE ON TOUR.*********.
On the sunny side of the street....Doris Day.....BRIGHT AND SHINY.********.
They all laughed.....Bing Crosby....GERSHWIN...THE VERY BEST OF...********.
Don't you remember....Dean Martin DEAN MARTIN (3CDS)*******.
Can't help falling in love....Harry Connick Jnr...YOUR SONGS.*********.
Ape call...Nervous Norvus....GOLDEN AGE OF NOVELTY ROCK'N ROLL ******.
Let's get away from it all....Frank Sinatra..COME FLY WITH ME.**********.
An occasional man....Tommy Dorsey....TEA FOR TWO CHA CHAS.*******.
I won't let you walk this road alone...Rhydian......RHYDIAN.********.
Don't answer me...Matt Munro....THE RARE MONRO ********.
Stayin' in...Bobby Vee......THE SINGLES COLLECTION ( 3CDS)*******.

TUDNO FM 107.8
www. tudno.co.uk      Every Tuesday Evening 8-10pm . Click on LISTEN LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment