Sunday 10 July 2011

COLIN HOLMES MAGIC OF THE MUSICALS...BROADWAY..+ BOOK OF MORMON.

TRACKS FROM BOOK OF MORMON....***.
Hello / You and me(But mostly me) / Sal Tlay Ka Siti / I am Africa / Tomorrow is a latter day.

Book of Mormon is an up to date satirical look at religion from a Mormon perspective.This, being a musical seems hard to take in. Controversial, certainly and some of the music sends up "Musicals" and Religion....and some of the music is catchy,but it is a whole. There's no hit singles in this score.It's supposed to be coming here next year and judging by the sale of the album and the long lines at the box office we will certainly be welcoming it with open arms.My three star rating is for the CD not the show.

SHOWS ON BROADWAY....One track from each.

Show me....Julie Andrews....MY FAIR LADY.*****.
Some enchanted evening....Perry Como.....album...THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION.****.
All I care about is you....Jerry Orbach...CHICAGO.*****.
I beleive in you...Matthew Broderick....HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING.****.
Freindship.....Martin Marquet,Sally Anne Triplett....ANYTHING GOES.
Pull the trigger....Cast....SPIDERMAN TURN OFF THE DARK.**.
Fabulous baby...Patina Miller....SISTER ACT.***.
I have a dream....Amanda Seyfried.....MAMMA MIA(FILM)****.
Phantom of the Opera....Micheal Crawford....PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.*****.
What is this feeling....Idina Menzel, Kristin Chenoweth...WICKED.*****
Circle of life.....Cast....LION KING.****.
Memphis lives in me....Cast....MEMPHIS.***.
A fine romance...Julia Shore, Micheal Law...PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE DESERT.***
Just around the corner....Bebe Neuwirth....THE ADDAMS FAMILY.***.
Walk like a man.....Cast....JERSEY BOYS.***.
Expressing yourself....Cast.....BILLY ELLIOT.***.
Anything can happen...Sally Ann Triplett....MARY POPPINS.***.
Til I hear you sing....

No comments:

Post a Comment