Saturday 28 April 2012

FRANK SINATRA DUETS 1&2.RUBBISH.!!!

I have recently had three e-mails from Sinatra listeners  to my Easy Listening Programme on
Tudnofm 107.8 and online Tudnofm.co.uk on Tuesday evenings about my Sinatra programming.
While extremely complimentary about the amount of Blue eye's records I play all three have
pointed out that I have never played any tracks from his latest albums Duets 1&2 on Capitol
records.  Quite right !   Although these were his best selling albums of all time. ( I find that
difficult to believe) they do not represent Frank Sinatra singing at his best and although
I do occasionally play.... not his classiest tracks... I do draw the line at his voice in aged
poor form accompanied ,in most cases, by singers who really should not be duetting with
him at all. If this had been Sinatra alone, his last effort, I would probably play a track or
two,but when joined by artists jumping on a commercial bandwagon with poor results I don't
want to know. Many artists have fallen for this type of Album to appeal to a wider audience
and have nearly all got their fingers burned.  The only real exception is Crosby/Clooney with
FANCY MEETING YOU HERE which is a high standard CD and in this case it was the same
two singers throughout the album.  Sinatra has duetted through his career with far greater vocalists
than most of the ones in the Duets series. They are available and I often play these.... but Sinatra
and Bono......No No!

No comments:

Post a Comment