Wednesday 19 March 2014

SINATRA SINGLES ON COLIN HOLMES MAGIC OF THE MUSICALS FEB 17TH.

FRANK SINATRA. THE SINGLES HE MADE TO GET IN THE CHARTS.

Frank Sinatra loved the long playing record when it arrived at  just about the same time
he signed up to Capitol records.A mood was created through a dozen tracks with Orchestrators
such as Billy May or Nelson Riddle conducting behind him. He had achieved many Hit Parade
successes on Columbia records in the forties as the bobbysocks favourite and this stayed with
him as he progressed through his career making sure that he acknowledged the need to appear
regularly in the current charts. He needed to move with the times and he almost always
succeeded. These are the tracks released as singles with the intention of keeping up with
the times and selling lots of  records which would ultimately sell long playing albums.
Both Capitol and Reprise released singles lifted from albums and these I have ignored
as they were never intended for chart positions although on some occasions this occured.
Below are the singles played on the show. All are available on ...THE COMPLETE
REPRISE STUDIO RECORDINGS   and THE CAPITOL SINGLE'S RECORDS.

Lean Baby.***.
Young at heart.*****.
Three coins in the fountain.(not played on show)****.
Learnin' the blues.****.
Witchcraft.*****.
The lady is a tramp.****.
The tender trap.****.
Come fly with me.*****.
Love and Marriage.****.
High Hopes.***.
Nice'n'easy.*****.
River, stay away from my door.****.

Tina.***
Granada.****.
Pocketful of Miracles(not played on show)***.
Everybody's Twistin'.***.
Me and my shadow. (With Sammy Davis Jnr.Not played on show)***.
Call me irresponsible.*****.
Love isn't just for the young.****.
Softly as I leave you.***.
Somewhere in your heart.***.
When somebody loves you.***.
Summer wind.(Not played on show)****.
That's life.****.
Something stupid.****.
Cycles.****.
Whatever happened to Christmas.(Not played on show)****.
My way.*****.
Love's been good to me.****.
I will drink the wine.***.
Let me try again.****.
Bad,bad Leroy Brown.**.
Anytime(I'll be there)***.
I believe I'm gonna love you.****.
A baby just like you.(Not played on show)**.
New York, New York.*****.
LA  is my lady.***.
Mack the knife.***.

tudnofm 107.8
www.llandudnocommunityradio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment