Tuesday 11 July 2017

COLIN HOLMES MAGIC OF THE MUSICALS FEATURING SINATRA. JULY 9TH 2017


FRANK SINATRA  ...COMPLETE REPRISE COLLECTION.
Tracks played....

Come blow your horn / You'll never walk alone / I have dreamed / When I'm not near the girl
I love / I've never been in love before / So in love / Some enchanted evening / The Continental
I believe in you / Hello Dolly.

Selected from the Complete Reprise collection Sinatra singing the show tunes is a very
pleasing  sound. Most of the ballads here are excellent...even in his later years...but hearing
him belting out Hello Dolly is a little bit more mind-blowing than musical. The Complete
Reprise Collection is a pretty expensive buy. I even think buying his albums individually
on reprise is cheaper.....but then ....you don't get the unreleased Sinatra.... and if you're
a fan that's a must-have.....and there's about 30 unreleased tracks. *********.


PLAYLIST.

Everything I do, I do for you.....Bryan Adams...SINGLE.*******.
The young ones......Cliff Richard....THE GOLDEN GREATS.******.
Oh what a circus.....David Essex......THE BEST OF....******.
Return to me.....Dean Martin......THE BEST OF...********.
Promises promises....Dionne Warwick....PLAYLIST.*******.
Wear my ring around your neck.....Elvis Presley.....HISTORY.*******.
Unchained melody...Gareth gates....SINGLE.*******.
Bring him home....Susan Boyle.....STANDING OVATION.*******.
The sidestep.....Charles Durning.....THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS( FILM)*******.
My way....Robin Williams.....HAPPY FEET(FILM)******.
Your obedient servant...Cast....HAMILTON.********.
Don't rain on my parade...Barbra Streisand....FUNNY GIRL.*******.
My heart stood still.....Ray Conniff.....HOLLYWOOD IN RHYTHM.*********.
We get along so easily.....Morecambe & Wise.....MORECAMBE & WISE.******
Til I hear you sing.....Collabro....HOME.********.
Someone in the crowd....Emma Stone.....LA LA LAND(FILM)*******.
What's the use of wonderin'....Doris Day.....WHAT EVERY GIRL SHOULD KNOW.*******.
Now you has Jazz....Bing crosby, Louis Armstrong...HIGH SOCIETY(FILM)********.
White Horse Inn....Cast.... WHITE HORSE HIGHLIGHTS.******.
Seize the day....Cast....NEWSIES(BROADWAY STAGE) *******.

TUDNO FM 107.8
www.tudno.co.uk    Every Sunday afternoon 2-4pm .Click on LISTEN LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment