Tuesday 25 July 2017

COLIN HOLMES MAGIC OF THE MUSICALS FEATURING " DORIS DAY'S EARLY FILM MUSIC. JULY 23RD 2017


SONGS FROM THE FILMS OF DORIS DAY VOLUME 1 1948-55. CHERRY RED RECORDS.

Tracks played....
It's magic / put 'em in a box( Romance on the high seas) I'll string along with you / Tic tic tic
(My dream is yours) Too marvellous for words (Young man with a horn ) Tea for two / I want
to be happy.(Tea for two ) Somebody loves me (Lullaby of broadway) The Deadwood stage /
Black hills of Dakota / Just blew in from the windy city.( Calamity Jane ) At Sundown ( Love me or
leave me)

Twenty one songs from Doris's early musical films. Dated recordings but the voice still stands out
of these standards. A collector's album.*******.

PLAYLIST

If the world turned upside down......Cast.....FINDING NEVERLAND.********.
Brown sugar....Rolling Stones.....SINGLE.*******.
Wonderful world....Sam Cooke......SINGLE.*******.
For the first time in forever...Idina Menzel,Kristen Bell...FROZEN.*******.
Standing on the corner....Cast....THE MOST HAPPY FELLA ( BRITISH STAGE) ********.
Easy Street.....Cast.....ANNIE. 30TH ANNIVERSARY PRODUCTION (BROADWAY)********.
Deerhunter....Shadows.....PLAYLIST.*******.
The American dream.....Jonathan Pryce.....MISS SAIGON.*********.
Top hat, white tie and tails......Billy May...MAYTIME.*******.
Brigadoon, Down on MacConnachy Square....Cast...BRIGADOON...Broadway revival.********.
Where I want to be...Josh Groban.....CHESS IN CONCERT.********.
Mushnik & Son.....Lee Wilkof....LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS(FILM)*******.
Xanadu......Sharleen Spiteri......PLAYLIST.*******.
I love to boogie.....T Rex....THE BEST OF...*******.
Shine.....Take That.......SINGLE.*******.
If I were a rich man.....Topol......FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.**********.
I invented myself....Robert Preston.....BEN FRANKLIN IN PARIS.*******.
Moving on...Hayley Mills / Opposite your smile....Peter Duncan,Jenna Russell THE CARD 1994.

TUDNO FM 107.8
www.tudno.co.uk     Every Sunday Afternoon 2-4pm . Click on LISTEN LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment