Friday 15 September 2017

COLIN HOLMES EASY LISTENING SHOW FEATURING 1959. SEPTEMBER 13TH 2017.


1959 BRITISH HIT PARADE.... FUTURE NOISE MUSIC

Tracks played....
Yep!...Duane Eddy / Battle of New orleans....Lonnie Donegan / Personality...Anthony Newley
Ragtime cowboy Joe...David Seville / A big hunk O' love...Elvis Presley / My melancholy
baby....Tommy Edwards / Lipstick on your collar...Connie Francis / Only sixteen....Craig
Douglas / I know...Perry Como / Lonely boy...Paul Anka / The wonder of you...Ronnie
Hilton / The Honeymoon song...Manuel & the music of the mountains .

103 tracks from the hit parade of 1959. It includes everything good and bad....but then,
what else would you expect ? There's Sinatra, Dean Martin,Ella, and Tony Bennett, etc.
It was a pretty good year. Great looking back,....great nostalgia...at a time when singles
sold lots and lots of vinyl.********.

PLAYLIST.

If I had a hammer...Trini Lopez......PLAYLIST.*******.
50 ways to say goodbye...Train.********.
Nature Boy.....Bobby Darin.....THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF....********.
Yes my darling daughter.....Eydie Gorme......DOWNLOAD.********.
Golden Eye....Tina Turner......THE BEST OF....********.
South of the border.....Mel Torme.....OLE TORME.*********.
It's my party....Lesley Gore.....THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION.*******.
Keep the customers happy.....Simon & Garfunkel....PLAYLIST.*******.
Sweets for my sweet....Searchers.....THE BEST OF....*******.
Only the lonely....Rot Orbison......THE GREATEST HITS.*********.
Softly as I leave you....Matt Munro    THIS IS.....*********.
I didn't know what time it was.....Patti Page.....ON CAMERA.********.
Coronation Scot.....Sidney Torch.....THE GREAT BRITISH EXPERIENCE.*********.
Where did our love go.....The new Christy Minstrels...COAT YOUR MINDS WITH HONEY.*******.
Gambling man...Overtones.......SINGLE.********.
Baby....Justin Bieber....SINGLE.*******.
New Man....Ed Sheeran.......DIVIDE.*********.
(I'm a song) sing me....Neil Sedaka.....LAUGHTER& TEARS.*******.
I left my heart in San Francisco.....Tony Bennett...THE ESSENTIAL....*********.
September in the rain....Julie London....CALENDAR GIRL.*********.
It had better be tonight.....MICHAEL BUBLE...CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE.*********.

TUDNO FM 107.8
www.tudno.co.uk     Every Tuesday evening 8-10pm. Click on LISTEN LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment